Wednesday, March 14, 2012

range report 3/13


I went to a new range yesterday called Top Gun. Indoor range with 15 lanes, electronic target carriers, pretty nice. They even rent full-auto guns! Had a pretty big rental selection, not that I really rent guns very often. The range was 17 yards max, which turns out to be 51 feet so that was just right for my targets.

So I got NERVOUS! The guy went over the range rules with me and I was looking at all his monitors that had views of each lane. Once I got to my lane, all I could think of was that the guy was watching me on camera and that he would probably come running out when I started shooting one-handed.

I get lined up for my first slow-fire and I'm shaking all over the place. I'm like 'wtf?' The first target doesn't go so well, plus my first round is a light-strike. Was using CCI standard velocity. The CCI seems to be a little better than Wolf or Eley in terms of the light-strikes issue. I only had that one light strike in the whole session, so that was positive.

Anyway, I definitely didn't shoot my best. The lighting was kind of messing with my eyes and I didn't feel entirely comfortable on the unfamiliar range. Excuses, excuses, I know. I actually shot ok with the Spartan, which interestingly only jammed like twice; failure to eject caused by interference of the empty between the slide and the scope mount. But I ended up shooting ok with the 45, so that was good. Still had a few misses with the 45, but I'm getting better. And I had a freakin' miss in RF with the izzy! Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment