Monday, February 27, 2012

something clicked... range report 2/24/12

I'm looking at these scores and I still can't get over them...

I took the day off on Friday because I wasn't feeling the best mentally and needed a break to clear my head. Got out to the indoor range and planned to focus the majority of my practice on rapid fire, which had been suffering in my last few sessions.

The first slow-fire targets went pretty good, but it was during the rapid fire that I realized that I was doing really well. There were three times when I thought I might have cleaned the target, only to find a pesky nine! Still, I've never shot this good before. I guess everything was just aligned and I was in the zone.

It felt good. Very good. I was in the zone, even if I didn't realize it exactly at the time. My arm seemed to just have no shakes in it at all, and I could hold steadier than normal, and the dot just sort of magically centered itself in the bull. Funny thing was, I was trying to call my shots, something I STILL can't do well, and I was calling some low shots and they turned out to be 10's. I can usually call a 6 or a miss or something like that, but calling the more subtle errors is still something I am struggling with.

I was using Eley Sport and did have a few failures to fire via light-strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment