Monday, February 13, 2012

range report 2/10


I had a range session on Friday using Wolf MT, and I had two alibi's; one was a high-feed and the other was a light strike. Also during the session I had my own major catastrophe befall me. On my fifth shot of the night with the Les Baer, the scope mount just started flopping around like a dead fish taped to the gun. I tried tightening the screws that hold the mount on, but I think the plate that Briley's welded to the dust cover to provide purchase for the screws broke off. Then when I got the darn thing home I tried to take the screws out and get the mount off and I sheared a Torx bit off inside one of the screws. How one manages to shear a Torx bit is beyond me, but I guess the red Locktite I put on those screws works! So the Les Baer is headed back to Briley's this week. I finished the session (or rather shot the vast majority of it) with the Spartan. The Spartan has about a 4.5lb trigger and is substantially less-smooth and more creepy than the Les Baer, so it was a challenge, but it actually shot pretty well and my scores turned out ok. I managed a 692, so I was happy with that. With the izzy I shot an 814 and was also pretty happy with that, given all the commotion during the session. My standard deviation with the 22 has really been coming down, which is good to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment