Sunday, April 17, 2011

range report 4/17/2011

Today we fired about 300 rounds through the IZH of Remington Standard Velocity Target. We encountered 3 dud rounds, a primer strike was evident on the recovered rounds.

Average 5-shot group at 5 yards was 1.83". I got a 5.7" group average on my 20-yard targets.

SBGST: Stance: no real problems there I feel like other than my right leg is still injured so I can't put weight more forward. Breathing: doing better, especially calming down before a string, but I still feel some nerves at the pistol range where I don't at the rifle range. Grip: Having a lot of trouble with this one right now, trying to find the exact grip that is the most comfortable for me and can control the recoil. I know that sounds funny, because there's virtually no recoil with a .22, but the gun tends to twist to the left in my hand. Experimenting with my thumb position and grip tension, but need to seek some advice. Sights: still focusing on the front sight, but sometimes having a bit of trouble seeing it against the black bullseye; thinking maybe I should put a dot on the sight or something. Trigger: still trying to not anticipate the shot, but still have a steady rhythm in rapid fire and keep the motion of steady pressure in place, but that is causing me to anticipate recoil a bit I think. Something to work on.

Targets:




No comments:

Post a Comment