Friday, April 15, 2011

The beginning

This blog will chronicle my journey with the IZH-35m target pistol as I attempt to progress from a novice pistol shooter to a more advanced marksman. I will be including IZH-35m details and tips I have picked up from other knowledgeable shooters as well as listing my results from my range trips.

The IZH-35m is a Russian-made target pistol in .22lr. It was made by Baikal and my understanding is that the pistol was made somewhat 'rough' and was intended to be finished and customized by the Russian shooting teams. They would carve the wood grips to their personal preference and round off some of the rough edges of the metal. The IZH-35m won a number of Olympic medals and World Championships. Its currently not in top competition, probably because it is no longer being made, but remains a very accurate gun and capable of winning .

I was very lucky to find an IZH that had only 200 rounds through it and had been owned by a collector. It came with 2 magazines, the original case, scope base, original cleaning rod still wrapped in its original paper, and a set of spare parts including a firing pin and extractor. Here's what it looked like when it came:













No comments:

Post a Comment