Tuesday, January 24, 2012

match results



Ended up winning the marksman 22 match despite not taking an allowed alibi during the last rapid fire string.

So competition on Sunday, I have my Wolf MT and in the rapid fire
section of the NMC I get a failure to feed on my 5th round. I take an
alibi and shoot the alibi string ok. But then during the timed fire
match I have ANOTHER failure to feed. I did not know you could take
multiple alibi's as long as they are in different sections of the
match. So I didn't take an alibi and I only got one damn shot away.
So one of my timed fire targets only had 6 hits. I learned later that
I could have taken an alibi for that. I was so incredibly mad at
myself and at the stupid POS izzy. That one target kept me from
breaking 800 in the match.

I ended up shooting a 789 I believe and something like a 670 with the
45. But I did get my best slow-fire target ever with the 22, I shot a
94! That was pretty nice. Most of my 45 shots landed on target too,
which was good, and I had zero issues with the 45, even using the
Brian Zins hollow-point ammo on the long line.

Still need to work on my rapid fire with the 45, that's the hardest
thing for me right now. One guy was saying I need to use lighter
loads and maybe that's the case, but I almost feel like I SHOULD learn
to shoot the 45 with 750fps loads. Still, I will probably have my
handloader dude download the next set of rounds to something like 650
or 700 fps so I have something a little softer to shoot and will
probably have to change my spring out.

No comments:

Post a Comment