Wednesday, May 16, 2012

range report 5/15/12

I headed out after work to get some bullseye practice in before the big state match at the end of this month. I just shot the izzy, since I will be only shooting one gun in the state match. After my struggles with the 45 in the last match (and blowing the number plate off my target holder...) I figured I should stick with what I'm good at until I get a little better with the 45.

I shot ok, actually I guess pretty good considering I haven't shot bullseye for at least two weeks as I had been getting ready for the benchrest competition. My personal goal is to shoot over 810 in the next match, so it looks like I will have some more practice to do to bring my scores up a few points.

Function-wise, the izzy did ok, only two hiccups using CCI Pistol Match. I had one high-feed and one failure to feed. Both occurred on the second round of a magazine. I figure two failures out of 200 rounds isn't bad, although I would much prefer to have 100% reliability. But since you can take alibi's in competition, I'm not too worried. The izzy seems to be running pretty good. I'm going to fiddle a little bit with the trigger and see if I can't get the reset a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment