Friday, June 17, 2011

range report - 6/16/2011

Got out to the range and put a bunch of CCI standard velocity through the izzy. I'm not sure if the point-of-impact changed because I switched ammo from Eley Sport to CCI but I was consistently shooting slightly high-left. According to my trigger rose correction chart, this could indicate that I'm anticipating recoil or not following through. During my range session, I thought that follow-through might be the issue, so I started making sure I was doing that and riding the reset on the trigger. Maybe it was recoil anticipation. The gun would consistently go up and left after the shot. Looks like I have something new to work on.

Anyway, my scores definitely weren't what I would have expected, but that's ok, I got a lot of practice in. Still, I want to bust that 800 barrier on a consistent basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment