Sunday, June 12, 2011

range report 6/12/2011


Really proud of my shooting at this session. Shot the entire session with the Izzy, shooting the Ruger just as backup. Did have one or two misfires with the Ruger while doing some speed shooting with it which was a little weird as its been perfectly reliable using Federal Automatch ammo. Loaded Eley Sport up in the Izzy, which is has digested without a hiccup so far; just finished off my first brick of Sport.

Interesting that Mueller claims to have a 2MOA dot on their red dot sight while so does Ultradot, but its clear that the Ultradot Matchdot sight has a MUCH smaller dot on the 2MOA setting. The Matchdot is clearly the superior sight to work with.

Anyway, was VERY PROUD to break the 800 barrier in this session!!! That had been my goal for a while but I really didn't think I would achieve it this soon. If I can shoot 800 in the next match, I will be very happy with my performance.

I have been having trouble with slow-fire, but I decided to shoot it just like rapid-fire and my scores went up! I guess I was over-analyzing the shot process and trying to 'aim' the gun too much as opposed to just trusting my wobble. Anyway, the average SF scores are up above 80 now, which was a big step for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment