Tuesday, May 3, 2011

range report 5/3/2011

Out to the range again, focused entirely on the rapid fire portion. That's where I was the weakest. Also focused on trigger finger position, conducting an experiment at the behest of my mentor. I varied between using the joint of the finger versus the pad of the finger on the trigger and market the corresponding targets.

The results:

edge trigger: 38, 47, 78-1x, 65-1x, 58, 69, 60, 49. Avg: 58.
pad trigger: 64, 45, 77-1x, 57, 75, 65-1x, 77-1x, 57, 78-1x, 50, 66, 62. Avg: 64.42.

Conclusion: I'll be using the pad trigger technique.

SBGST:

Stance: Using a more duelist type stance, standing mostly perpendicular to the target. My arm raises naturally from this point. The one thing I noticed today was that my feet got sore, like I was being pushed into the ground.

Breathing: Just trying to stay consistent, but noticed myself not fully prepared for strings a few times. Need to remember the procedure better.

Grip: Had a bit of trouble with this, but started to really nail it at the end. I found a position that didn't twist the gun so much in my hand under recoil and allowed for better recovery of sight picture.

Sights: I finally got a blinder and that really helps. I was having a little trouble with the gun returning to the same point of aim and having to re-adjust relative to the bullseye. Later in the session this got better.

Trigger: This was my focus of the session, and I improved my my rapid fire score over my last outing and 2 points over my best average, so I've got to think it helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment