Thursday, April 12, 2012

range report 4/12/12




Went out after work to the range today. I got the Spartan back from Greg Derr who I must say did a GREAT job turning around the Spartan's slide with a rail. I mounted the Ultradot to it and it was good to go. The zero was only off by about 5 clicks at 50 feet. The gun shot good, no failures to feed, eject, or slide-lock-back issues.

I shot remarkably well with the izzy, and had good moments with the Spartan. I learned that I need to think about *curling* my trigger finger when I clinch the gun and start my press. That seems to help me avoid jerking shots with the big gun.

Overall I was pretty happy with the session. The dot on the izzy just seemed to be magnetic to the black during rapid fire. I wasn't quite in 'the zone' as my mentor George would say, but it was close. I was using CCI Pistol Match ammo in the izzy and only had one high-feed during slow-fire, no light strikes or stove-pipes.

My mentor George reminded me that shooting an 828 with the izzy is a new WORLD RECORD for me! Gotta celebrate the moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment